Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Secret Number One

So here it begins, the start of secret list. It's sort of funny to me how I decided at this time of giving to finally...well...give to myself.

But the truth is: I started writing to learn about me. I continue writing, because learning NEVER ends.



Okay, here it is: SECRET NUMBER ONE

I don't like the smell of Christmas trees.

And I desire to spend at least ONE Christmas in Disney World!



It's not that I have anything against the odor of evergreens, but it lacks that reminiscent warm feeling for me that so many others talk about.

I wonder if it's because my family had fake Christmas trees while I was growing up. I don't have BAD memories of Christmas. As a matter of fact, I have some pretty great thoughts about the holiday as a child. My mom always went out of her way to make sure the season was special. And I absolutely LOVE creating new memories with my critters.

And that leads me to my next thought, Christmas in DISNEY! Why? Because it's warm. Maybe I'm seeing the grass as greener on the 'other side' but truthfully, I hate snow. The song "White Christmas" makes me cringe. Blech! The photo above was taken in November 2009 at Disney World. I felt more Holiday spirit there, in a tank top and shorts, than I ever could wearing snow boots and gloves at home. And somehow, I don't think the novelty would wear off after a few years. Go ahead! Prove me wrong! ;)

Maybe both of these truths show more about me than I'm ready to realize. But I know next year, when I go to Disney in November, I'm bringing the song below with me. And instead of Santa, I'm going to ask Mickey for all of the things listed on "My Grown Up Christmas List."




No comments:

Post a Comment