Monday, June 15, 2009

A Guilty Plea


Taking time away for myself has brought me closer to realizing how many unnecessary burdens I carry. One of them, the heaviest, holds me back from doing many things. Most of all, guilt prevents me from succeeding.

What is success to me? It's peace and pride in doing the best I can at whatever I do. It is, however, difficult to allow either of those in when the cloud of guilt consumes my soul.

Why do I let it? I have yet to figure that out, because the battle raging within me zaps all of my energy. And so, today, fresh on the cusp of a relaxing 'me' vacation, I am entering a plea...a guilty plea...to "Let Me Be Myself."

Go away guilt, because "Lately I'm so tired of waiting for you to say that it's okay. So tell me please, would you one time let me be myself, so I shine with my own light..."


No comments:

Post a Comment