Thursday, July 2, 2009

This REALLY happened!

I haven't been writing. Why? Because my life feels like it is spiraling out of control. Every room in my house is a mess...and thus, my head. I can't bring myself to think and create while staring at piles of things that need to get done. This has been going on for WAY too long.

And then, my husband wrote TRANSFORMERS 2 on the calendar! My kids know that if something is written, it's going to happen. They were so excited to go, and I used that to my advantage. I know, evil isn't it?

So for one week, I told my kids to clean up or the movie was off.

And LOOK what happened!

They even cleaned the bathroom!

Ok, this miracle did not happen without some assistance. My lovely sister-in-law/babysitter helped the kids quite a bit. As did my husband...but I didn't have to do anything at all. THAT is what I appreciate.

AND NOW.....both kids are proud and willing to do even more. I feel I can get back to writing. Much of the guilt and anxiety I've been carrying is gone.

I guess I've realized something through this, too. I need to speak up about what I need, because my family WANTS to please me. And I want to please them. When we work together, life is a lot more enjoyable. AND we get to see great movies like Transformers 2 together.

Thanks Team K! I love you, even when I'm yelling at you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment