Friday, February 18, 2011

No Such Thing As Lucky: Secret #3


This is a picture of me with my husband and kids.  Of all holidays, it was Christmas.  And YES, we dressed in costume for the occasion.  Why?  Long story short: BECAUSE WE CAN!

A series of events since Christmas led me to really ponder the word LUCKY.  I've heard a lot of people say it about themselves and me.  But does LUCK really exist?

I don't believe it does.

Why?

Because LUCK is subjective.  Maybe I have more things than some, but most certainly others have more.  That would make me UNLUCKY in comparison.  But maybe I don't want those things.  Or maybe, it's not the things that matter to me.

I see it this way: everything I have, I earned.

I work, play and live hard.

I incite change.

I take chances.

And, therefore, I succeed, at least in my mind.

I guess what people don't realize is that things don't always work out for me.  And that's my fault, probably.  I prefer not to complain or whine about challenges.  Instead, I focus on the positive, keep taking steps forward, and never, ever give up.  And though many things I start end somewhere I never expected, I celebrate success every chance I get.

Failure is does not exist in my world, mostly because I refuse to acknowledge it--much like LUCK.

Therefore, I'm not really LUCKY.  I get what I deserve, both good and bad.  I make mistakes, but I learn from them.

So, please forgive me if I stop you next time you talk about how LUCKY you are.  It's then I shall ask you everything you did to deserve the opportunity.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment