Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Reviewer Angst

OLD BOOKS
© Mietitore | Dreamstime.com
I learned to read at four years old, thanks to my big sister.

And I still love to read.

Until I started writing, I finished a book, no matter how much I hated it.

And now, I'm reviewing books.

Not all books are great.  Some aren't even good.

Up until this point, I've chosen NOT to review them, but I can't realistically keep doing that.  I want to, but I also know I need to be honest to be credible.

But it HURTS!!

As a writer, I know how much work goes into every book.  Story and characters are part of the heart and soul of the writer.  So, how do I say it's terrible when I feel really bad about it?

Any suggestions would be helpful.  I've been reading other blogs and have some ideas-tact, grace and honesty is what I've seen.  I plan to use all three and hope for the best.

How have you faced writing a negative review?

No comments:

Post a Comment