Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo: The chance I need

Every part of my life has a season. That season is always accompanied with music. It's just who I am. Right now, outside, the season is fall. The air is turning colder. In New England, trees shed their leaves and the grass turns brown shortly after a vivid display of color.

But to me, November is now a month of personal birth and new growth. I thought it started last year with my first attempt at NaNoWriMo. And then, I came to realize, now that I am in the depths of writing my third novel, this is how it has always been.

Though my birthday is in April, I don't actually grow up until November.

Maybe it's because I love summer.

I don't know.

Maybe it's fate.

Maybe it's because I believe in chances. Some chances are created for me while others I need to recognize. Either way, they exist. And in this novel writing month, that is all I have to believe in. And that is why this song is now my theme for this season of my life.

"Chances come and carry me
Chances are waiting to be taken
And I can see
Chances are the fascination
Chances won't escape from me
Chances are only what we make them
And all I need"




No comments:

Post a Comment